Monday, August 19, 2013

Home is Where the Heart is

Over the last few weeks,  Mike and I have been going through the grueling  process of purchasing our (hopefully) forever home. During the search he was looking for land and I was looking for a beautiful new house with nice finishes. I will let you decide who won this battle.

When I first walked into this house - probably about three months ago. I was far from ecstatic. In fact, my mom and I almost refused to go in. While it was in a great neighborhood and the area we wanted, we could tell the house was outdated. After moping in the house and up the stairs, I started to get this feeling. While it may sound a little corny, I began to look past the dated wall paper and feel the happiness that filled the house. We then proceeded to walk out onto the deck. After standing there for a few moments, my mom and I looked at each other - both getting this overwhelming feeling of...rightness? Something felt right.

After leaving the house that day, we continued on our journey to find the "perfect home" only to end up right where we started. After a little back and forth and a lot of waiting, we finally received the keys to our new home!

While making this home ours will be a lot of work, it will also be a once in a lifetime (I hope) adventure.




Let the wild rumpus start!


Just for good luck, we had to start removing wallpaper! Clearly, my husband is a pro at this...and very animated.


 His friend Chris has to take part in all of the fun, he doesn't look so sure.


My beautiful mom enjoying the delicious plums from our trees. If anyone has any recipes involving plums, please share. I have them coming out of my ears!







Success!!!




1 comment:

Barbie Gage said...

Congrates on your new forever home! I know it will be amazing once you are done with it!